If you use both a Mac and a Windows PC in your home, you might sometimes want to share files between them. Whether its photos, music, or documents, it's actually fairly easy to set up file sharing between macOS and Windows so long as the two machines are on the same network.
Table of contents
- How to Move Files by Networking a PC to a Mac - dummies
- How to share files between Windows and macOS
- How to share files between a Windows and Mac
First go to the System Preferences menu option by clicking on the Apple icon at the top left and then clicking on System Preferences.
- remove pdf password mac freeware.
- nettoyage ecran mac book pro.
- Share Files from Mac OS X to Windows PC’s Easily.
- ctrl alt del mac pillows!
- uberstrike hd mac download free;
- for all your classroom technology needs.
Now click on the Sharing icon, which is where we need to go to configure all the sharing options. Now go ahead and check the File Sharing box under Service to enable file sharing.
How to Move Files by Networking a PC to a Mac - dummies
This one dialog pretty much contains all the settings and options for sharing. Starting at the top, you can change your computer name to something less complex so Windows users have an easier time connecting. Click the Edit button to change the name. Under Shared Folders , the Public folder is shared out by default.
Under Users , you can see the standard permissions and edit them as you see fit. In order to connect from a Windows machine, you have to check the box next to the user name and enter your password.
There are a couple of ways you can do this. One way is to simply open up Explorer and click on Network. You should see the Mac computer listed there.
- paint shop pro 8 pour mac.
- Send files from Mac to Windows PC.
- app to download videos from youtube for mac.
If Windows asks you to enable Network Discovery, then go ahead and do that. Now when you double-click on the computer name, it should pop up a login dialog box. Enter the same username and password that you had entered in the Windows File sharing dialog on OS X earlier.
How to share files between Windows and macOS
If everything went well, you should see some shared folders now on your Windows computer! Click on Start, then Run and type in the IP address or computer name:. You should now be able to copy files back and forth from Windows to Mac and vice versa. Everything should work fine with the firewall enabled with default settings, but if you go to firewall and then Firewall Options , you can block all incoming connections.
- How to share files between Mac and Windows 10.
- logiciel pour filmer mac gratuit!
- How to Access Mac Files from a Windows PC!
- How to Share File Between Mac and Windows.
- convertisseur pdf en doc mac!
- How to Share File Between Mac and Windows?
- como acessar deep web no mac.
If this item is checked, then file sharing will no longer work. Just uncheck that option under firewall options and you should be good to go.
quehoanamaslea.gq Founder of Online Tech Tips and managing editor. He began blogging in and quit his job in to blog full-time.
How to share files between a Windows and Mac
He has over 15 years of industry experience in IT and holds several technical certifications. Read Aseem's Full Bio. We hate spam too, unsubscribe at any time.